Saturday, September 8, 2012

Holy Hell Hills

The weather for the last week has been hot.  And who am I kidding?  I didn't run because I need motivation.
My friend wanted me to run a 5k in town but honestly, I didn't want to wake up for registration.  Seriously.  I have to work tomorrow (Sunday) and I didn't want to be up at 5 for the next 7 days.
After a leisurely wake up, I headed out for a hill run.   I decided to do the hilliest part of the 10k which includes a hellacious hill up my neighborhood.
I almost forgot my inhaler.  You'd think I had learned.  I set my running playlist, my MapMyRide app and Todd Lange to motivate me.

The temperature was humid but tolerable.  5min walk to begin and then off I went.

The first hill is long but it is a sidewalk for the most part.   Unfortunately, towards the end, the sidewalk ends and you are left running on a very busy road.  So I turned, went back down hill and then UP my long road into my neighborhood.

I did have a bit of stitch kick in towards the end.  I passed my husband on the final leg and he told me I was hot and he would do a double take if he hadn't known me.  Nice to know how sexy a 44 year old sweaty, mother of 2 can still be.  :-P

I did a 3.2 run in 37mins.  Averaging 5.1miles/hour.

Those hill suck ass.  Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment