Saturday, August 25, 2012

Setting Goals

The Big Move/Raleigh, my first attempt at blogging, ended with the Big Move.   I know, I know….a shocking way to end.  My year was chaotic and crazy and my life has been a tad out of control.   I don't have a gym, I barely know my neighbors and I have been dealing with "sick parent".

At the beginning of the year I began the 5k101 training app. which, I failed miserably.  I ended up with an injury and I just liked eating.  I then realized that since last August, when I moved, I gained close to 15 pounds.  Ouch.  This was just not going to do.

So hubby and I joined The Biggest Loser at work for the second time and I put my body to the grindstone.

Do you realize how long 8 weeks is when you have to motivate yourself not to eat and to walk/exercise routinely.  It ain't easy.

1 week ago we had our final weigh in and I ended up losing 8 pounds and 4% body fat.  YAY me!

I do better with goals and deadlines.  So now I have to think of something else to do to keep me on the straight and narrow.  But WHAT TO DO?

My other goal that I completed just this past Friday was that I finally completed the 8 week 5k101 program.  Now mind you, I completed it in I would say, 12 weeks, if I'm going to be honest but by God, I did it.

This achievement came with several perks.  My weight is down.   My thighs and gut are shrinking AND I had my fastest running time for a 5k EVER.  Oh, and yeah, I actually ran 4.5miles on week 7(maybe really 10).  I know?!  Right?!

So I have set a new goal.  The "I hate running" fan club president has officially signed up for a 10k.  I KNOW!!!!  What is she thinking!!!

Remember: Running is cheap.  I don't need a gym.  All I need is a really good pair of running shoes.  Seriously.

I have 8 weeks to train.  GO ME!  Day 1 starts TOMORROW!

Come share my pain with me!!  Wooohooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment